Does your pet lick him/herself constantly? Suffer from recurrent skin or ear infections? Losing hair? Diagnosed with auto-immune skin disease?
Have you been giving them multiple rounds of antibiotics, steroids or other medications for frequent ear or skin problems? Been told that your pet needs to have surgery for the ears?
We will get to the root of the problem rather than just treat the symptoms. We believe that having the right diagnosis is the essential first step for your pet to live a healthier, happier and hopefully longer life.
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes”, your pet will likely benefit from a visit with Dr. Ursula. Dr. Ursula is a board-certified veterinary dermatologist who specializes in skin and ear diseases. Dr. Ursula and her team will work with you and your pet to get to the right diagnosis quickly and to manage the disease efficiently. Our approach goes beyond treating just symptoms; we believe that having the right diagnosis is the essential first step for your pet to live a healthier, happier and hopefully longer life.
Diseases that we commonly treat include:
- Allergic dermatitis (environmental/food/insects and contact)
- Bacterial infections of the skin and ears
- Yeast infections of the skin and ears
- Diseases of the nails and nailbeds, such as lupoid onychodystrophy
- Various ear disease:
- acute and chronic or recurrent ear infections
- allergic ear disease
- various tumors in the ears
- problems that affect the ear flap (e.g., vasculitis)
- Hormonal diseases that affect the skin and hair coat
- Hair loss, including those caused by auto-immune or inflammatory disease or cancer
- Metabolic and hormonal skin problems
- Paw pad problems (such as pemphigus)
- Diagnosis of various skin tumors
- Viral infections of the skin
- Auto-immune skin diseases, such as pemphigus and lupus
- Atypical infections
- And much more